Sunday 11 March 2012

St Patrick's Day


I initially wanted to spend some time in front of the telly. Unfortunately Mr Bear has to finish a couple more assignments and told me to watch my shows from my computer in the room. So since I cant bring my wip carpet because it takes up some floor space and I don't have enough light to go around too, so I opted to do something else.

Then I remembered that Tuesday is St Paddy's run at the ladies hash.
I found this while googling. And loved it!
You can check out her website. She makes beautiful stuff. There is a tutorial too for this flower.
Its made out of scrapbook paper and she used a cricut? I think so.

Time to use up some stash. Green fabric ... sure i have those but not the ones i needed. So I couldn't make a necklace because I wanted it to last longer. Next option, green paper. Why not. I've made paper flowers before. Channeling my uber fab cousins, Zida and Rozi, with the help of my fantastic glue gun, I came up with this green flower on a stretchy band. Flower a tad on the big side, but who cares. I've something green for the run.

My sister FF is modelling the flower. And she even said that it's big. She only agreed to model for me if she's allowed to have access to my internet and telly while Mr Bear and I go to kiddy hash. The center of the flower is those big stone sparkly beads and some smaller beads. I have some glitter but thought that it would be too messy to use in the bedroom.
Lookie you can see me reflected off her sunnies. Check out my big ass. Shake it yeahhh shake it.

My other sister ZZ modeled my hat. I thought I still have some black ribbon in the stash, but didn't. I have black paper. so it'll have to do. Fantastic glue gun came to the rescue when wet glue just did not want to work with me. The buckle is also made out of paper and the yellow bits are yellow sequins. Because I did not have yellow paper or yellow glitter. And i wanted it to sparkle a bit since its a buckle. A real buckle would have worked better but I doubt Mr Bear would like me much if I mauled his belt for it.


This picture is different. I took it at night (they came over the night before too) and you can see the sparkliness of the hat. The yellow sequins. and the black paper.
Not my best work. Again who cares. I'm gonna rock em and place them in my dress up box with the rest of the costumes I've accumulated over the years. Yes, I go to a lot of costume parties. Good thing I'm crafty and thrifty to boot. Almost.

And the time it took me to make these 2 items was under 1 hr. Cut paper, fold paper, cut paper, glue gun, place stones, scatter beads, glue sequins. Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment