Monday 6 February 2012

Chap Goh Meh

Mr Bear and I went home to Seria for family dinner. Now for those of you who don't know it, Chap Goh Meh is the 15th day of chinese new year and marks the end of festivities and life gets back to being normal, and its usually a nice big dinner with families, lots of fireworks and firecrackers.

I always enjoy these trips, its a nice hour drive and you get to see lots of green jungle, new development being built etc. These drives always mean we get to talk in the car and have really great discussions, watch a movie (yes we're one of those people who has a tv in their car) or deep in thought and just enjoying the silence.

This is Alex (1yr) Our only nephew. He doesnt like being touched by other people

Alex and his mummy (my sister-in-law)

Alex and YeYe (translate: Grandfather, my father-in-law)

The dinner that Mother-in-law cooks

Its a feast! My favourite; satay, kailan, chicken feet, sweet sour fish, tomato chicken, peking duck, fried chicken nom nom nom nom. As there is always leftovers, mummy happily puts them in tupperware for me to bring home. yes! this weeks shopping budget is saved. leftovers for lunch and dinner for a week.

I was a happy sleepy duck when we went back home. I so can't wait for new year again.

No comments:

Post a Comment